2006-11-13

A bat in our house

A friend of ours noticed a bat living in our attic a few weeks ago; he or she seemed to have been hibernating for the winter and we named him or her Nosferatu.

Nosferatu, or Nos for short, seemed quite content to hibernate in the attic until the smoke detector's battery started to die and the detector made a gawd-awful noise. The next morning when I went up to change the battery, Nos was gone.

Two days later, Katherine found Nos living in the corner of our guest room (which is where the picture above was taken). Two days after that, Nos had moved to the window frame - presumable because he needed to be cooler for hibernation.

Today when I went in to check on him (we have called a humane removal agency to take him somewhere other than our guest room as it seems to freak some people out), but he has apparently moved again; we are hoping he has moved back into the attic.

If we figure out where he went, I will post it here.

Rules

I moderate all comments and reserve the right to remove any post that I deem inappropriate.

Since I support free speech, I do not intend to remove any posts except for spam, which contributes nothing to a discussion.

1 Comments:

At 7:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh has always wanted a pet bat. I should tell him you've got one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home