2006-08-07

Search engines and spam

I have a couple of websites that I have developed that are currently running honeypots from Project Honeypot. These sites had not had any reports of harvesters until 2 days after I submitted them to several lesser used search engines.

Does anyone know if any search engines are actually fronts for harvesters that make the victims do their legwork by submitting their own sites? This wouldn't surprise me, but I could not find anything in Google about it.

Fortunately, I use contact forms which go to PHP backends on sites that I create instead of listing e-mail addresses, so not actual spam has resulted from this. But, I can see how, for many people, this would certainly be an inconvenience.

Rules

I moderate all comments and reserve the right to remove any post that I deem inappropriate.

Since I support free speech, I do not intend to remove any posts except for spam, which contributes nothing to a discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home