2008-04-18

Earthquakes in Illinois

Its not very often that we get earthquakes in Illinois; in fact, I believe the last time it happened was in the late 1980's. You can imagine my surprise then at being woken up at 4:37 in the morning to the bed shaking.

I heard some rumbling outside for about a half minute, and after looking out the window to make sure that my fence didn't have any slats missing, I went back to sleep. I found out after arriving at work the next day that going back to sleep was the general consensus and it generated very little conversation...until we had another one later in the morning. This second quake (or aftershock, or foreshock, not really sure) lasted longer than the first, but apparently was less powerful - being only a 4.5 instead of a 5.2.

Now if we only had the weather of California.

Rules

I moderate all comments and reserve the right to remove any post that I deem inappropriate.

Since I support free speech, I do not intend to remove any posts except for spam, which contributes nothing to a discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home