2008-04-14

Composting II

The Green Machine compost tumble that we ordered arrived on Friday, and I started to assemble it on Saturday (in the snow and freezing rain). The diagrams in the instructions could have been better, but the verbiage was understandable and the assembly followed a common-sense approach. There was a slight issue though, we were missing a bolt - we had an extra nut though; after making a quick trip to Home Depot and buying a pack of four bolts for $1.06 after sales tax I couldn't bring myself to go back in the freezing rain to finish assembling it.

Today (Monday) the weather was better and Katherine and I put the last of the bolts in. We have now filled the barrel about a quarter of the way with old salad, fruit salad, pine needles, leaves, and some brown cardboard. I will check on the progress in a couple of days when I turn the composter and post the results here.

Rules

I moderate all comments and reserve the right to remove any post that I deem inappropriate.

Since I support free speech, I do not intend to remove any posts except for spam, which contributes nothing to a discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home