2008-04-07

Composting

Friday I ordered the Green Machine compost tumbler from GreenCulture.com. I will post about my experiences with it after it arrives, but from the descriptions of about 20 similar models that I have looked at, this seemed to be the best one in its price range.

I do have a couple of comments on GreenCulture's order process though. They do not tell you the shipping cost at the time of ordering (at least not on large or heavy items); they provide an estimate and e-mail you with the exact cost later. This process makes it difficult to budget since you do not know the exact cost for a day or two.

Also, there is nowhere on the site to check the status of a package. I double-checked with their customer service to make sure that I just didn't miss the status form. Their customer service department responded to my e-mail in less than an hour and assured me that my order would be shipped later in the week and that a tracking number would be e-mailed to me.

For a one item order, this is not a big issue. However, if I had ordered three or four items and wanted to keep tabs on the order (to see which items were ready for shipping, which had not been packaged yet, which are still out of stock, etc.) I would have no way to do this.

GreenCulture seems to be a reputable company from all of the reviews I have read, but addressing these two features would make their site much more user-friendly.

Rules

I moderate all comments and reserve the right to remove any post that I deem inappropriate.

Since I support free speech, I do not intend to remove any posts except for spam, which contributes nothing to a discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home