2006-06-03

Scam e-mails

Does anyone out there have any advice on what to do when you receive scam e-mails? Personally, I like to reply by picking apart the e-mail while insulting the scammer.

If the scam seems particularly believable, I report it to various agencies since it is likely someone would fall for it. However, normally, these scams are pretty unbelievable.

For instance, I received one where the sender claimed to be from one country, while the e-mail address that he listed was from another country, and the server he actually sent the message from was in yet another country. (See my article on spam for an explanation on mail relaying.) Obviously something fishy is going on with this e-mai.

Anyone out there have any other ideas on how to have fun with scammers? Well, besides scam baiting which I don't have enough time for.

Rules

I moderate all comments and reserve the right to remove any post that I deem inappropriate.

Since I support free speech, I do not intend to remove any posts except for spam, which contributes nothing to a discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home