2006-06-01

MPAA plays dirty

According to an article in eWeek, the MPAA hired someone to crack into a company's network in order to obtain information to proved that copyrighted works were being used improperly.

This violates due process (no warrant), and, since the MPAA is a private organization, not a governmental body, could not receive a warrant in the first place. Somebody correct me if I am wrong (ianal), but isn't this illegal?

Where does the MPAA get off thinking that they can do whatever they like? Would not the correct procedure be to inform a government body, such as the FBI, that you suspect that the corporation is spreading copyrighted material, offer them the reasons for your suspicions, and then let them handle it?

I can only hope that the MPAA is sued out of existence in the near future. Who needs government conspiracies when private organizations are trampling over our rights?

Rules

I moderate all comments and reserve the right to remove any post that I deem inappropriate.

Since I support free speech, I do not intend to remove any posts except for spam, which contributes nothing to a discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home